St.Mary’s Convent Sr. Sec. School Ajmer, the first of the missionary schools in Rajasthan is a Christian Minority institution- under the article 30 of the Indian Constitution run by the Franciscan Sisters of St. Mary of the Angels (FSMA), a religious charitable order of nuns that saw the light of day on 3rd February 1896 with 57 students and 4 boarders in the present St. Anselm School campus. The school shifted to the present premises in 1913. Our school has enriched the minds of boys and girls alike till the late 1960’s where the boys used to study till grade II to be then transferred to St. Anselms Ajmer. Sr. Baptista was the first Head Mistress. The French Sisters had to face many difficulties – each day was a struggle. The inclement climate of the Desert State (then known as Rajputana under the British Rule), the language and customs were alien to them and caused their human bodies to succumb to illness and even death. But their spirit enriched by their love for and faith in the Holy Eucharist enabled the Sisters to forge ahead. The Sisters worked hard giving their all to their mission- that of spreading the light of knowledge especially to the girls of the Parsi families, the British Officers and Rajput families in the initial years.
The able Captains who steered this Marvellous Vessel of Knowledge over the years have been- Sr. Baptista, the first Head Mistress (our School did not have Principals then.) Mother M.Theresa, Mother M.Damian, Sr. M. Frances, Sr. M.Stanislaus, Sr. M.Scholastica, Sr. M.Francine and at present Sr. M.Jyothsna.